Cagayan de oro dating
making it as the most populous city in the province.
With a total land area of 116,626 hectares (288,190 acres), it is the largest city in the island of Luzon and the fourth largest city (in terms of land area) in the Philippines, after Davao City, Puerto Princesa and Zamboanga City.
Ilagan is approximately 96 kilometres (60 mi) from Tuguegarao and 397 kilometres (247 mi) from Metro Manila (linked by a national highway via Santa Fe, Nueva Vizcaya).
Of the total 1,166.26 km Of all cities in the country, Ilagan ranks as the top producer of corn.
These religious organizations have their own temples and churches sparsely located in the city.
It is located in Barangay San Felipe along National Highway. Hectares of forest land are strictly protected by authorities like the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR), several NGOs and the Local Government Unit.
with a density of 120 inhabitants per square kilometre or 310 inhabitants per square mile.
Pedro Jimenez in 1678 on the east side of the river thereby giving the legendary name for Ilagan which is the reverse of the word Nagali meaning "transfer".
The Dominicans accepted the settlement as an ecclesiastical mission given the name San Fernando de Ilagan in honor of its patron, Saint Ferdinand of Castile.
Statistics from the Philippine Statistics Authority show that Ilagan had a population 131,24311 in 2007, which increased to 135,174 people in the 2010 census making Ilagan as the most populous city in the province of Isabela and the second in Cagayan Valley after Tuguegarao.